Batu Lesung or Lesung Batu?

{Practicing my English version} Yeah. It has been a long, long, long, long time since I last practicing my English in this blog. As a warning, this may contains lots of Grammar mistakes. But still, we are Malaysian right? Who cares about Grammar? LOL.


Most Malaysian love cooking since there are a lot of persons in this country who enjoy eating. Who doesn’t, right? Malay people have this kind of cooking equipment (or so) that is called the Batu Lesung. It has similar functions with the blender. HOWEVER, I barely heard people use them nowadays. Yeah, heard. Usually we can easily hear the sound of the Batu Lesung used.

#The Blender as U know it#

#The Batu Lesung if U never heard of it#

As a matter of fact (I don’t know why I love to use this sentence) , I prefer to use the Batu Lesung instead of the blender. You see, blender had this small knife (or whatever it is called) that is (for me it is) dangerous as it is there. How annoying I felt when my fingers got cut because of that thing. The cut might be small but still, I hate it as much as I hate getting injured anywhere. I didn’t get any cut when I was using this Batu Lesung.


Have you notice the difference in taste for onion that is being blended and onion being ‘ketuk’ by Batu Lesung? Try on cooking vegetables as an example. Taste the different. Trust me. Not only that, it is easier to clean up the Batu Lesung instead of the blender. Well I guess you know why.

#Yummy!Yummy! Isn't that Sambal Belacan?#

Oh, I went back to KL last Wednesday and spent almost 6 days at home. Tired but happy. And now I have to spend my time in Skudai. This week is what they called as ‘study week’. Why do they have to put that name? It is depressing don’t you think? I don’t even start stud-dying for final exams. And believe me I have several assignments that have to be done by this week.


6th May will be my last day of final examination for this semester. 9th May will be the first day of attending the industrial training in Zikay. I don’t have any idea on what will I do there. I’m lucky that I have several friends attending at the same place. Urgh, I’m not feeling well just to think about the first day there. Sigh.


Well, later then!

Lin Meli

Comments

Popular Posts